To finance my son's taste for elaborate costumes, I teach part time and help people with their own writing projects.
Email me for a price quote.
- new media
- narrative nonfiction
- University of Pittsburgh English Department
- Center for Documentary Studies
- Duke University continuing studies
- Pittsburgh Public Schools gifted program
- Western Penitentiary, a maximum-security prison in Pennsylvania
- Midtown Education Foundation
- Children's Home + Aid, a contractor to the Chicago Public Schools
- Organic School Project
I am currently a lecturer at the City Colleges of Chicago. To date, 65 of my 66 students have passed the college-wide writing exam.
My teaching experience is unusually broad, ranging from exuberant first-graders to 60-year old inmates serving life sentences. I have planned and led courses on composition, journalism, creative writing, and gardening on behalf of:
Editor for hire
I've produced winning grant proposals, web sites, press kits, and more.
I created the materials that won Chicago's innovative household hazardous waste facility (below) a prestigious engineering award.
I've edited academic papers, literary manuscripts, and reports to federal agencies, including the 300-page proceedings for a conference on Great Lakes ecology.
And I drew on my skills as a writer, teacher, and gardener to edit the lesson plans in this collection.